Monday, October 26, 2015

People Paradox


Today, October 22, 2015, in our Human Geography class with Mr. Schick, we cleared up any confusion that anybody still had about the kiva.gov extra credit assignment. I plan on working on that for my free mod today because I really want to take advantage of these extra points. Also, I appreciate that Mr. Schick is giving us this opportunity because most teachers wouldn’t do that. Once we were finally through with the explanation of kiva.gov, we watched an informative video that explained a little bit about the over abundance of children in India. I had no idea that, the people of India were having so many children because whenever the woman would give birth to a girl, the family felt as if that girl was useless to their family and they would keep having children until they received many boys. Even though I knew that women were being discriminated in other regions of the world, I guess I never realized how serious it became. Women in India are practically pushed to keep having children until they are killed by childbirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment