Thursday, September 17, 2015

Did You Know


Did you know that the population of the United States is roughly around 300 million and the population of India is over 1 billion people? In fact, there are more honors students in India then there are students in the United States. Today we watched an interesting video on culture around the world and how fast it’s changing. Also in the video was information such as: 1 out of every 8 married couples met online, if Facebook was a country, it would be the third largest country in the world, and the number of texts sent a day exceeds the population of the planet. One fact that wasn’t actually on the video but Mr. Schick informed us of that got to me personally was the fact that now, there is so much more competition when applying for jobs because interviews and applications can be done over the internet. Money and finance is very important to me and as a teenager I would like to find a part time job that I love doing. Unfortunately for me, I will have a lesser chance of obtaining that career because of the internet. In general, it makes me sad that our generation is known for always having our faces in our phones.

1 comment: